Educators and Professionals
This site is designed to provide educators and professionals with practical information that can be used to identify and provide appropriate services to children with a brain injury. The following information is located within this section.
- TBI Identification Protocol: Information and documents related to how to identify a student with a traumatic brain injury.
- Manual: This will connect you with the Brain Injury in Children and Youth: A Manual for Educators which includes information on neuroanatomy, developmental stages, assessing functional behavior, learning implications and intervention strategies as they relate to youth with a brain injury.
- Matrix: The matrix offers a wide range of suggested assessment tools and intervention strategies for students with a traumatic brain injury. It covers the areas of processing/learning most commonly affected by a brain injury.
- Concussion Info: Provides information on Colorado legislation, resources and the Concussion Guidelines Manual.
- Resources: A list of brain injury resources within the state and nation.